Pediatric Eye Care
Ophthalmology Associates is pleased to offer pediatric eye care as part of their service line. We have equipment specifically designed for children and Dr. Nathan Carpenter has comprehensive training in working with youth and treating children’s eye conditions which include:
- Eye exams
- Surgery, microsurgery and laser surgery (for problems like weak eye muscles, crossed eyes, wandering eyes, blocked tear ducts, retinal problems, and infections)
- Diagnose problems of the eye caused by diseases of the body such as diabetes or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) and other medical and neurological diseases
- Diagnose visual processing disorders
- Care for eye injuries
- Prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses
At Ophthalmology Associates, we take the time to understand your child and their eye conditions. Often, children cannot always articulate what’s bothering them and may have difficulty answering medical questions. They may not have the patience and cooperative during a medical examination, however Dr. Carpenter offers the know how to examine and treat children in a way that makes them relaxed and cooperative.
If your pediatrician suggests that your child have his eyes checked, Ophthalmology Associates has a wide range of expertise and treatment options for children’s eye disorders.
Recommended Eye Exam Schedule
- 0-3 years old (if recommended by a pediatrician)
- 4-7 years old: first comprehensive exam (if not done earlier)
- 8+ years old: every two to three years
Our doctors do outreach care including exams and surgery. Check out our locations.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
We will contact you via phone to confirm a date and time and schedule your appointment.
Request An Appointment
Ophthalmology Associates has been serving the greater Mankato area for over 50 years and our goal has been to provide our patients with the utmost in personal attention and the very best in eye care services. Contact us to set up your appointment today!