What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is caused by a new coronavirus which is highly contagious. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in people and many animals. Wide range of severity from asymptomatic to severe respiratory symptoms. The severe cases are more common in the elderly, compromised immune systems, respiratory disease and cardiovascular disease.
How can COVID-19 affect my eyes?
Recent studies have shown that patients may present with conjunctivitis (pink eye) in the early or late stages of the virus. COVID-19 is transmitted through droplets like coughing or sneezing. CDC recommends good hand hygiene and avoid touching your face to help prevent the spread of the virus.
What is Ophthalmology Associates doing to ensure your safety?
At Ophthalmology Associates, we are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, American Academy of Ophthalmology and the Minnesota Department of Health. We also have an on-call physician available for after clinic hours. 20/20 Optical is currently by appointment only for ordering glasses, contacts and repairs/adjustments.
Please know that the safety of you, your family member, and our staff are top priority. If care is determined necessary our protocols are as followed
- all patients/staff are required to wear masks at all times upon entering the clinic, staff is also required to wear gloves during all times of the exam
- temperature screening will occur upon arrival
- following social distancing throughout the office
- reduced schedules to limit the number of patients and staff in the office
- disinfecting all clinic areas after any patient contact
- all literature is removed from waiting area
- one guardian/caretaker per patient if necessary
We request that if you or the patient guardian/caretaker is showing any respiratory symptoms like cough, shortness of breath and/or fever please reschedule your appointment. Our staff is happy to help find another available appointment.
Please note that payments can be made online!
Request An Appointment
Ophthalmology Associates has been serving the greater Mankato area for over 50 years and our goal has been to provide our patients with the utmost in personal attention and the very best in eye care services. Contact us to set up your appointment today!