Are you a Master Multi-Tasker?
Are you a true Team Player?
Do you have a positive attitude and a desire to make a difference in someone’s life?
Join Ophthalmology Associates & LASIK Center’s team as an Ophthalmic Assistant, Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA), or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT). Ophthalmology Associates’ has a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning… and our people love it! With over 55 years of experience, our team has grown and molded itself into what it is today. We build genuine and authentic connections with every patient, either for one day or sometimes for a lifetime. We allow each and every employee to bring fresh new ideas to the table. All of this to improve the overall experience of the patient.
We have bicyclists, volleyball coaches, runners, outdoor enthusiasts, pet-lovers, artists, video game heroes, movie buffs, Netflix bingers, gardeners, glitter junkies, shoppers, and every other variety of people. We have family people, single people, happy people.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and ophthalmic terminology preferred.
- Positive team member.
- Empathetic personality.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- Ongoing training and certification (pay increase!).
- Promote from within.
- Learn the power of presence.
- Develop initial skills for leadership.
Our Awesome Benefits:
- 401k plan, Dental, Health, Life/AD&D, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program with Travel Assist, voluntary accident and additional life plans.
- Uniform reimbursement and glasses coverage.
- Close to 5 weeks PTO.
- Employee lunches and an employee committee for outings and events!
Our Hiring Process:
1. You find or get sent this advertisement.
2. You read the ad.
3. It piques your interest.
4. You tell us you are interested (apply, email, shout, call).
5. You meet the team in-person.
6. You tell everyone how amazing your life has become!
Share this! Don’t be afraid of friends or co-workers stealing this role. We have multiple openings. If you are amazing and smart, we need you!
What our employees say:
“One of my favorite things about working at OA is the variety of services we perform and the variety of conditions we see and treat. Everything from routine eye exams to cataract and glaucoma evaluations, retinal injections, LASIK, minor procedures and traveling to our outreach clinics all make each day different and exciting. There are always new things to learn and no matter how many years you have been in this field, you will still come across things you’ve never seen before!” – Sarah – COT
“I feel respected and valued for what I bring to the practice. It is nice to have the flexibility to attend to family matters if necessary. The Ophthalmology Associates staff are my second family. All the doctors know you by name and are very personable. This job is challenging, and every patient is different. You learn something new every day.” – Jillian – COT